Can Florence be a day trip? It’s possible to see Florence in one day, at least the main sights, although the city is worth staying longer. We’ll focus on a walking itinerary so that you won’t miss the most beautiful Florence landmarks. Whoever travels to Italy for the first time has three cities on their bucket list: Rome, Venice, and Florence.
How do I spend a day in Florence Italy?
- Start at the Galleria dell’Accademia.
- Stroll over to Mercato di San Lorenzo.
- Duck into Mercato Centrale.
- Head over to the Piazza del Duomo.
- Walk over to the Piazza della Repubblica.
- Stop by the Fontana del Porcellino & rub his nose.
- Wander over to the Piazza della Signoria.
How can I spend 24 hours in Florence?
- Florence Cathedral. Trust me when I say that I’ve been to a minimum of a million (1,000,000) different cathedrals throughout Europe.
- The Duomo Museums.
- Piazzale Michelangelo.
- Ponte Vecchio.
- Eat Gelato.
- Pitti Palace.
- Boboli Gardens.
Is Florence Italy a walkable city? Florence, walkable city
And the best part is that, it is entirely accessible on foot! Florence, in fact, despite being a European capital, is one of the “top walkable cities” in the world.