Can you see Athens in 1 day? Fortunately, Athens is a manageable destination to visit in one day, with lots of attractions concentrated in a fairly compact area. Its central vibrant neighbourhoods are dotted with ancient ruins, so you can enjoy a cocktail in one of super cool bars one minute and be visiting another awesome ruin the next.
How do you spend a day in Athens Greece?
- 3.1 The Acropolis.
- 3.2 The Acropolis Museum.
- 3.3 Experience The Sights and Sounds of Ancient Plaka.
- 3.4 Stop by the Roman Agora.
- 3.5 Spend an Hour or Two inside the Ancient Agora.
- 3.6 Indulge in a Greek Feast at a Local Taverna.
How can I spend 24 hours in Athens?
- Explore the Acropolis of Athens.
- Stroll around Plaka.
- Sample Greek and Mediterranean foods.
- Visit the Panathenaic Stadium.
- Take a break in a bookstore.
- Climb Lycabettus Hill.
- Experience nightlife in Athens.
What to do on first day in Athens?
- The Acropolis. So you basically can’t visit Athens without visiting the Acropolis.
- The Markets (and taking Tours with Locals) Athens has some excellent markets to explore, with the highlight being the Athens Central Market.
- The National Archaeological Museum. Ah, museums.
- Mount Lycabettus.
- The cafe culture.