How do I wake up Ubuntu? If you suspend your computer and then press a key or click the mouse, it should wake up and display a screen asking for your password. If this does not happen, try pressing the power button (do not hold it in, just press it once).
How do I start ubuntu from command line? Press the down arrow key until you select the 2nd entry from the top (the one with the recovery mode in the description) and then press Enter twice. After that the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + F3 may start to work properly, and allow you to start Ubuntu from the console.
How do I stop my monitor from going to sleep Ubuntu? Go to System Settings in the top right corner of your screen, select Brightness and Lock and set “turn screen off when inactive” to never.
How do I put display to sleep in Ubuntu?
- Open System Settings from the menu.
- Click on Keyboard.
- Click the tab Shortcuts.
- Click on Custom Shortcuts.
- Click the little “+” icon to create a new shortcut.
- Both in name and command enter xset dpms force off , then click Apply.
- Click on your new shortcut where it says Disabled.
- Press the F12 key.