How many days should you spend in Melbourne? Most visitors who arrive in Melbourne also want to explore the surrounding areas. If that is your plan, then you will need at least 5 days but 7 to 10 days would be ideal. If by Melbourne, you mean only the city itself, 3 days is the ideal minimum amount of time.
What should I avoid in Melbourne?
- Lygon Street, Carlton. Lygon Street, long hailed as the foodie haven of Melbourne, is one of the most overhyped and overrated places in Melbourne.
- Bridge Road, Richmond.
- St Kilda on a Sunday.
- King Street, Melbourne CBD.
How can I spend my weekend in Melbourne?
- 1/20. National Gallery of Victoria.
- 2/20. The 96 Tram.
- 3/20. The ‘new’ Espy.
- 4/20. The Shrine of Remembrance.
- 5/20. Moon Dog World.
- 6/20. Huxtaburger.
- 7/20. Gimlet at Cavendish House.
- 8/20. Bar Americano.
What is the most famous thing about Melbourne? Melbourne is famous for its culture, and the National Gallery of Victoria is the jewel in the crown. It’s not only the oldest public art gallery in Australia, it’s also the most visited. Here, you can admire more than 70,000 works of European, Asian, Oceanic, and American art in two city locations.