How much should I budget per day in NYC? How much money will you need for your trip to New York City? You should plan to spend around $238 per day on your vacation in New York City, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, $37 on meals for one day and $39 on local transportation.
How much spending money will I need for a week in New York?
|Tight Budget||Average budget|
|Flight||from $900 to $ 1200||from $1300 to $1600|
|Housing||from $630 to $700||from $910 to $1400|
|Transportation||aprox. $94||from $170 to $185|
|Meals||from $275 to $460||from $460 to $650|
How do I plan a 5 day trip to New York?
- Day 1: Times Square, Hell Kitchen, or Free Tour around the area.
- Day 2: Contrast Tour, visit the neighborhood of NYC.
- Day 3: Statue of Liberty, Lower Manhattan, 11/9 Memorial, Empire State, Highline.
- Day 4: Top of the Rock, Central Park, a musical.
- Day 5: Woodbury Common, shopping at the outlet.
Is 5 days in New York enough? 5 days in NYC is actually the perfect amount if it’s your first visit. You can spend 3 days in New York City, but it’s cutting it close–and you’ll need to come back again.