Is Chicago worth visiting in December? December is one of the best months to visit Chicago. Even though the weather is getting colder, it is still comfortable and there are so many fun and festive Christmas and holiday activities and events that take place.
What is going on in Chicago in December 2021?
- See the Zoolights at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
- Go Ice Skating at Millennium Park.
- Ride The Polar Express Train.
- Shop on the Magnificent Mile and State Street.
How cold does it get in Chicago in December? December, the first month of the winter in Chicago, is still a cold month, with temperature in the range of an average low of 27.9°F (-2.3°C) and an average high of 35.8°F (2.1°C).
What do people in Chicago do in the winter?
- Slide around on an ice skating rink.
- Skip town for a ski trip.
- Take a chilly zipline ride at The Forge.
- Head for the hills and go sledding.
- Bundle up for a trek on the Lakefront Trail.
- Give curling a try.
- Explore the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- Go for a stroll on the North Branch Trail.