Is Tempe worth visiting? From a vibrant college vibe that fosters a great local foodie scene to its walkable downtown, family friendly attractions, arts and culture programming and 24/7 sunshine, this city has a lot to offer visitors looking for things to do in Tempe and reasons to visit this growing desert community in the Valley of the Sun.
What is Tempe AZ known for? Tempe houses several performance venues including Gammage Auditorium and the Tempe Center for the Arts. Tempe Town Lake is home to many national and international events, such as Ironman Arizona and Rock n Roll Marathon.
What is around Tempe AZ?
- Visit the Desert Botanical Garden.
- Try restaurants and coffee shops that are new to you.
- Hike “A” Mountain at sunrise.
- Visit the Arizona Heritage Center.
- Visit the ASU Art Museum.
- Schedule a tour of the Eisendrath House.
- Hike to Hunt’s Tomb.
Is Tempe AZ walkable? Walkability, Bikeability and Transit
Central Tempe is one of the most walkable and bikeable areas in the region.