Is there anything fun to do in Birmingham Alabama?
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. 1,271. Speciality Museums.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. 1,276. History Museums.
- Vulcan Park and Museum. 1,387.
- McWane Science Center. 953.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens. 500.
- Regions Field. 398.
- Birmingham Zoo. 1,149.
- Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark. 507.
Is Birmingham Alabama worth visiting? If you’ve ever wanted to visit Birmingham, now is as good a time as any. From scenic parks to beautiful gardens, and amazing restaurants to award-winning museums, here are a few of the many great reasons to visit Birmingham, Alabama: 1.
What is Birmingham Alabama famous for? Birmingham is known as the founding city for the recognition of Veterans Day and hosts the nation’s oldest and largest Veterans Day celebration. Birmingham is the only place in the world where all the ingredients for making iron are present—coal, iron ore and limestone, all within a ten-mile radius.
What food is Birmingham Alabama known for?
- 01 of 10. Alabama Barbecue. Courtesy of SAW’S BBQ.
- 02 of 10. Corn Dog.
- 03 of 10. Oysters.
- 04 of 10. Chicken and Waffles.
- 06 of 10. Stone Ground Baked Grits.
- 07 of 10. Fried Chicken.
- 08 of 10. Popsicle from Steel City Pops.
- 09 of 10. Pho Doc Biet.