What is the #1 tourist attraction in Alberta? Banff National Park is the most visited tourist attraction in Alberta and arguably the most impressive national park in Canada. Just 130 kilometers west of Calgary, the area encompasses spectacular mountain scenery, major ski resorts, beautiful lakes, and the tourist town of Banff.
What is Calgary best known for?
- The Canadian Pacific Railway Headquarters.
- The Calgary Fire of 1886.
- The Calgary Stampede.
- Calgary Flames – NHL Hockey Team.
- Red Mile – Sea of Red Jerseys during the NHL playoffs of 2004.
- Hosting the 1988 Winter Olympics.
- Hosting the 2009 World Water Ski Championship.
What attracts people to Calgary?
- Visit during the Calgary Stampede.
- Take a Day Trip to Banff & Lake Louise.
- Take the Kids to Calgary Zoo.
- Learn about Calgary’s Past at Heritage Park.
- See the Views from Calgary Tower.
- WinSport: Canada Olympic Park.
- Take a Walk to Prince’s Island Park.
Is Calgary worth visiting? There are a couple of excellent museums, beautiful parks, and a variety of brew pubs, restaurants and a lively night scene. Calgary is ok. It has a nice zoo, a military museum ( obviously a few more ) . Some good restaurants.. but if going for scenery..