What is the 14th arrondissement known for? The 14th is best-known for being the location of the touristy part of the Paris Catacombs. The most famous part of this Parisian arrondissement is Montparnasse (the area to the North) and it’s here where you’ll find most of the well-frequented bars and restaurants in the quartier.
Is 14th arrondissement nice? The 14th arrondissement is home to some of the best markets in Paris, so if you’re into experiencing the local side of Paris, I recommend coming to this neighborhood ready to explore the shops, enjoy its atmospheric cafes, eat crepes, and image yourself sitting among the most famous intellectuals of the 20th century.
What is the coolest arrondissement in Paris?
- 1st arrondissement (Louvre)
- 7th arrondissement (Palais-Bourbon)
- 5th arrondissement (Panthéon)
- 8th arrondissement (Élysée)
- 4th arrondissement (Hôtel-de-Ville)
- 18th arrondissement (Butte-Montmartre)
- 9th arrondissement (Opéra)
- 6th arrondissement (Luxembourg)
What parts of Paris should you avoid?
- Gare du Nord / Gare de l’Est area in the evening (located in the 10th arrondissement)
- Châtelet les Halles in the evening (located in the first arrondissement)
- Northern 19th arrondissement in the evening.
- Porte de Montreuil after dark (in the 20th arrondissement)