What is the most beautiful part of Sicily?
- Taormina. Also called “the pearl of the Mediterranean Sea”.
- Etna. The highest active volcano in Europe.
- Ortigia. It is located on a small island connected to the mainland by three bridges.
- Ragusa Ibla.
- Valle dei Templi.
What is Sicily best known for? The island is famous for its cathedrals, vineyards, island beaches, and amazing architecture. The Palermo Opera House and UNESCO Baroque churches in Noto and Modica are world-renowned Sicilian architectural landmarks, along with The Greek Temples of the Valley of Temples located in Agrigento.
How many days should you spend in Sicily? Sicily can be experienced in as little as 3 to 5 days if you are short on time and interested in a quick coastal retreat. However, it’s much better to spend at least a week discovering this Mediterranean paradise. If you have 7 days you can explore a meaningful section of the island.
What is good in Sicily?
- Palermo Cathedral.
- The picturesque Cefalu.
- View on Isola Bella from Taormina.
- Etna eruption – Sicily.
- A fisherman in Syracuse.
- Noto, a beautiful baroque town in Sicily.
- The best conserved temple in the valley of the Temples.
- The Scala dei turchi.