What is the number 1 attraction in Arkansas? 1. Hot Springs National Park. These hot springs in the Ouachita Mountains have long been a source of interest to people living in the area, and were believed by American Indians to have healing properties. The park was established in 1921, but visitors have been coming here for much longer.
What is Arkansas Best known for? Arkansas is known for its diamond mines. The first diamonds were discovered in Arkansas in 1906, and since then, millions of carats of diamonds have been mined from the state. The most famous diamond mine in Arkansas is the Crater of Diamonds State Park.
What is the prettiest place in Arkansas?
- Garven Woodland Gardens, Hot Springs.
- Mount Magazine State Park, Paris.
- Bowers Hollow Falls, Ozark National Forest.
- Thorncrown Chapel, Eureka Springs.
- Devil’s Den State Park, Del Rio.
- Cossatot River State Park-Natural Area, Wickes.
- Roark Bluff.
- Lake Ouachita State Park.
Why should I visit Arkansas? In the Natural State, you may even discover diamonds.
Leather-clad bikers are drawn to Arkansas’ open roads, cyclists to its epic trails, road trippers to its roadside oddities—like a giant Budweiser can, and the largest statue of Jesus Christ in the country. Arkansas is also an unexpected cradle for the cultural arts.