What is the prettiest place in South Dakota? Lined with thousand-foot canyon walls, Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills is arguably the most scenic spot in South Dakota. In the Northern Hills, the 22-mile Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway takes in all the beauty with plenty of roadside stops along the way.
What should I not miss in the Black Hills?
- Bear Country USA. 4,148. Nature & Wildlife Areas.
- Reptile Gardens. 2,286. Nature & Wildlife Areas • Zoos.
- Custer State Park. 6,087. State Parks.
- Adams House. 500.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial. 11,695.
- Wildlife Loop Road. 2,728.
- Mount Moriah Cemetery. 1,836.
- Iron Mountain Road. 1,700.
What is South Dakota best known for? Home to Mount Rushmore and the Badlands, the state is known for tourism and agriculture.
Is South Dakota worth visiting? If you are driving cross-country and deciding which route to take, I recommend South Dakota, because there are a lot of cool places to stop along the way. Yes, there are some over-the-top tourist spots in South Dakota, but they are definitely worth visiting.