What is Tucson AZ best known for? Tucson is known for the breathtaking Sonoran Desert, amazing Southwestern cuisine, and for having some of the cleanest air of any major city worldwide. Tucson is also famous for its many diverse hobbyist communities, from photography and astronomy clubs to vintage car collectors and rodeo enthusiasts.
Is there anything fun to do in Tucson?
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. 8,769. Art Galleries • Speciality Museums.
- Mt. Lemmon Scenic Byway. 3,215.
- Sabino Canyon. 4,832. Canyons.
- Pima Air and Space Museum. 4,842. Speciality Museums.
- Saguaro National Park. 1,188. National Parks.
- Mission San Xavier del Bac. 4,368.
- Gates Pass. 943.
- Madera Canyon. 581.
Is Tucson AZ worth visiting? Is Tucson Worth Visiting? Yes! Spending a day in Tucson is worth it as there is plenty of beautiful mountains, delicious Mexican cuisine, hiking, giant Saguaro cacti, art, and history to enjoy.
How do I spend a day in Tucson?
- Day 1 – Downtown and University. Cup Café at the Hotel Congress. Tucson Murals. Tucson Museum of Art. La Cocina.
- Day 2 – The West and South Side. Tania’s 33. Sentinel Peak. San Xavier del Bac Mission.
- Day 3 – The North and East Side. Tohono Chul. Poco and Mom’s. Sabino Canyon.