What should I avoid in Austria?
- Mistake Austria for Germany.
- Forget to Tip Waiters.
- Ignore the Highway Code.
- Expect Stores to be Open on Sundays.
- Be Too Snap Happy.
- Mistake the Nationality of Schnitzel or Strudel.
- Mention The Sound of Music…
- … or Arnold Schwarzenegger.
What to Know Before Travelling to Austria?
- Never mention the Sound of Music.
- Don’t be late.
- Always say “hi!”
- For God’s sake, try their desserts!
- Speak their language.
- Swim in the lakes.
- The ski slopes and the sp-ahhh’s.
- Vienna’s nightlife.
Is Austria safe for tourists? Generally, Austria is a very safe country to travel to. According to some sources, Austria is ranked 3rd on the list of safest and most dangerous countries in the world.
Is Austria friendly to foreigners? Austrians are quite friendly and foreigners are typically received with a warm welcome. Despite this, Austrians tend to lead more private personal lives. It can be difficult to make friends with locals unless one interacts with them on a daily basis at work or as part of a recreational activity.