What should I not miss in Puerto Rico?
- Old San Juan. Founded by Spanish colonists in 1521, the 7 square block area contains a wealth of history, culture, restaurants and shopping.
- El Morro and San Cristobal.
- El Yunque.
- Drink a Piña Colada.
- Roadside Food Stands.
- Check Out the Non-Tourtisty Areas.
What are 2 popular tourist attractions in Puerto Rico?
- Castillo San Felipe del Morro. El Morro was initially fortified in 1539 and completed in 1589.
- El Yunque Natural Rainforest.
- Camuy Caves.
- Old San Juan.
- Museo de Arte de Ponce.
- Bioluminescent Mosquito Bay, Vieques.
- Playa Mar Chiquita, Manatí
- Playa Flamenco, Culebra.
What is Puerto Rico best known for? Puerto Rico is the world’s leading rum producer; 80% of the rum consumed in the United States hails from the island. There is a counted number bioluminescent bays in the entire world. Puerto Rico is home three bioluminescent bays.
What is the most famous part of Puerto Rico? The main attraction in Old San Juan, and one of the top tourist destinations in Puerto Rico is El Morro Fort (Fuerte San Felipe del Morro). Set majestically out on a peninsula, this fort dating from 1539 is a fascinating step back in time.