What should I see in Helsinki?
- Sea Fortress Suomenlinna. 8,191. Military Museums • Historic Sites.
- Temppeliaukio Church. 8,703.
- Seurasaari Island and Open-Air Museum. 1,366.
- Helsinki Cathedral. 6,029.
- Old Market Hall. 3,073.
- Kamppi Chapel of Silence. 2,923.
- Uspenskin Cathedral (Uspenskin Katedraali) 3,891.
- Helsinki Tram System. 1,781.
What is Helsinki best known for? Helsinki is well-known for its innovative art, culture and architecture, so it’s no surprise that underneath the city’s surface, a unique subculture is on the rise. And while techno music and underground dance parties are nothing new for Helsinki, what is notable is the vast number and variety of these events.
How do I spend a day in Helsinki?
- Start Your Day in Market Square. Market Square by the harbour with Uspenski Cathedral at the top left.
- Explore Suomenlinna.
- Go For a Finnish Sauna.
- Enjoy a Finnish Lunch.
- Indulge in a Sweet Afternoon Treat.
- Afternoon Activity – In Summer and Winter.
- Have an Authentic Dinner.
- Grab Evening Drinks.
Is Helsinki worth visiting for a day? While one day in Helsinki doesn’t leave a lot of time, you’ll get to see a large chunk of the city. This trip to Helsinki hits most of the top attractions, as with all our city travel plans. The city spreads out from the harbour. It becomes more modern as you travel further from the historic architecture near the sea.